Weed is a product that’s regulated by the government. Because of that, it has certain delivery requirements for when you’re mailing it. If you’re trying to figure out what happens if you mail weed in Canada, there are several guidelines you’ll need to follow to ensure you’re doing it properly.
Mailing Weed In Canada
Medical and recreational cannabis has to adhere to the shipping guidelines before mailing throughout Canada. But what are the shipping guidelines?
For starters, the weight of the entire package has to be a minimum of 50 grams.
Inner Packaging Guidelines
For the inner packaging, you have to use a plastic container, vacuum-sealed bag, or something that’s odor-resistant. A simple zip-lock bag isn’t odor-resistant, so this wouldn’t qualify.
Resistant To Tampering
You also have to ensure that it’s impossible to counterfeit the seal on the package.
If you’re shipping something like cannabis oil, you have to make sure it’s in a sealed bag or container that cannot leak.
Outer Packaging Guidelines
For outer packaging, you need to make sure you put the vacuum sealed bag or container in a box before shipping. The outer package must be completely anonymous and contain no indication that there is cannabis inside of the package.
In the same way that the inner packaging needs to be odor-resistant, the outer packaging also needs to be odor-resistant. You have to follow all shipping regulations before sending your package off in the mail.
If Canada Post identifies parcels that contain cannabis by the smell, they’ll take them away and submit as non-mailable parcels.
Canadians also have to ensure that the package is being sent to adults that are of the legal age to use cannabis. When you receive cannabis from a seller, you’ll have to provide proof of age through an age verification process, as well as a signature.
You might be requested to show proof of a government-issued photo ID if you look like you’re under 30 years old.
What Are The Benefits Of Receiving Weed In The Mail?
- Getting cannabis in the mail is safe and convenient. You can have your order delivered right to your door and you don’t have to worry about driving or having to be at home when it arrives;
- Another benefit is that there is also no need to leave home when you want to get high because it’ll be brought right to the door;
- One of the most important ones is being able to choose exactly what kind of product you want. Thus, you don’t need to worry about where it came from or how old it is;
- Another benefit is privacy and discretion. Some people may not want to be seen walking into a dispensary with marijuana products in their arms;
- Buying online also allows for quicker delivery times. This is important if you live far from a dispensary or don’t want to wait in line there;
- In addition to being cheaper than driving around looking for a dispensary or waiting in line at one; buying online also gives you access to better quality products than what could be found locally.
Why Choose An Online Dispensary?
If you are a cannabis enthusiast and would like to get your hands on some of the most potent strains in the market, then you should consider purchasing from an online dispensary.
- Online dispensaries are usually reliable and provide high-quality products that are tested for potency, consistency, and purity. This ensures that the strain you are buying is what the label claims it to be.
- Online dispensaries also offer convenient shipping options for their customers who want their orders quickly delivered to them. They can also provide tracking information so that you know exactly when your order will arrive at your doorstep.
There are a few things you should know about purchasing cannabis online:
- All online dispensaries are carefully screened for security and legality. In addition to having their own lab test results, all of the vendors have passed the rigorous testing and inspection processes that are applicable to Canadian dispensaries. They also do this because they want to make sure their customers are buying from reputable vendors who are following all legislation.
- Online dispensaries have high-quality products at competitive prices. Vendors provide exceptional goods at affordable prices. You can rest assured that you’re getting quality products that won’t break your bank account.
- You can get marijuana delivery with just a few clicks of your mouse! No more waiting in line or driving around town trying to find someone who will sell you weed. Just order right from the comfort of your couch!
- There are thousands of websites that sell marijuana online. However, you should always make sure that you are buying from reputable sites so that you do not end up with fake products or any other type of problems with your order.
Knowing what the delivery process is regarding your cannabis can keep you more informed if you ever decide to ship it yourself in the future.